Notice is hereby given that the Ordinary Annual General Meeting* of the Society will be held at
The Catering Suite,
Tamworth Co-operative Funeral Service,
The Mews, 31-37 Upper Gungate
Tamworth, Staffordshire B79 7NZ.
On Wednesday 1st May 2019 at 7.00pm.
- To confirm the Minutes of the Annual General Meeting on 25th April 2018.
- To elect Scrutineers.
- To receive the Report of the Board of Directors.
- To receive the Annual Report and Accounts for the 52 weeks ended 26th January 2019, together with the Report of the Auditors.
- To confirm donations authorised by the Board of Directors.
- To declare the results of the election to the Board of Directors.
- Resolution to appoint Dains LLP as Auditors for 2019 /2020.
- Any Other Business.
*Admission on presentation of a valid Pass Card, Via side door entrance of the Funeral Home from car park
Doors open at 6.30pm.
There will also be a SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING to follow directly after the AGM.
The purpose of the meeting will be to consider and approve (or otherwise) a proposal by the Board of Directors that the Rules of the Society be amended as follows:
PARTIAL AMENDMENT OF RULES
That current sub-rule 10.16 (h) is deleted in its entirety and replaced with the following:
with regard to nomination to the Board, they have made purchases from the Society amounting to at least £250 during the last complete trading year of the Society leading up to their nomination, and during their period of office maintain an annual spend of £500. The purchases of the candidate and their spouse may be taken into account in determining the total amount of purchases. In the event of any dispute, the certificate of the Society’s secretary as to a candidate’s purchases shall be conclusive and binding.
Chief Executive Officer and Secretary
You can request a Postal Vote in advance of the AGM by completing and returning this form: