The Tamworth Co-op Department Store has many new and tantalising offers in-store. Our range includes the latest fashions and top brand names for all the family. With everything you could ever need for your home, from electricals and furnishings to DIY and fashion goods as well as gift items Tamworth Co-op has something for everyone
SALES ASSISTANT- NON-FOOD DIVISION
2. Position in structure
General Manager Non-Food, Non-Food Operations Manager,
Floor Controller, Non-Food Trainee Manager, Non Food Specialist.
Non-Food Division Sales
3. Main function of job (Note: in addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required by the business)
To assist in the smooth day to day running of the Non-Food Division at the Department Store
To ensure that all Customers are acknowledged and welcomed into our stores. And that their Customer Service needs are met to the highest standards
To ensure that all Customers understand the Dividend system, returns and warranty procedures.
To ensure that the highest standards of store procedures are complied with and to report any issues to the Floor Controller, Operations Manager, General Manager, Trainee Manager or Specialist.
To ensure that all Society Policies and Procedures are adhered to at all times.
To unload, price and display any goods that arrive, keeping within an efficient and safe environment.
To ensure that all fixtures are fully stocked and that stock is stored away safely and in an orderly manner.
To ensure that the store or department is maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness and presentation, reporting any needs to the person responsible in that area.
To monitor stock levels and stock losses in an efficient manner.
To assist in the stocktaking as and when required in an efficient manner.
To assist in reaching the daily targets set by the store.
To assist in any cashing up procedures.
To ensure that all administration requirements are met on a daily basis.
To abide by and carry out the Societys Health & Safety Policy.
4. Key Performance Indicators / MISSION STATEMENT
Customer Service "To provide excellent products
Level of Complaints an d services at all times,
Product Knowledge meeting and exceeding
Working within a small team you will assist the Financial Controller in providing timely and accurate accounting within the Tamworth Co-operative Society. The role will initially focus on the day to day accounting processes in order to gain a thorough understanding of the operation and systems. The role will then develop to include involvement in production of Management Accounts, Statutory Accounts, Control Account Reconciliation, VAT, Forecasts and much more.
The Society is part way through a process of change. This will see a new Food Division EPOS system implemented, followed by replacement of the Accounting System. The Assistant Accountant will be involved in all aspects of delivering these changes and the significant financial benefits required from these projects.
The scope of the role will be dictated by your ability and desire to make a difference and get involved in all aspects of the Finance function and the business as a whole. The person appointed will be looking for a little more than series of routine activities on a monthly cycle.
The Assistant Accountant will report to and deputise for the Financial Controller in their absence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- ; Responsibility for ensuring all the basic accounting functions are completed accurately and on time including Purchase Ledger, Payroll and Cashbooks. This will require hands on involvement completing some of the tasks on a rota basis.
- Gai n an understanding of the operation of the Cash Office to be able to provide cover within that section.
- Enhance Cashbooks processes.
- Provide support to Divisional Operational teams in Finance related matters.
- ; Accounting for Funeral Plans.
- Improve and maintain accounting processes for the Funeral Division.
- Involved in the processes associated with the Members Share Ledger and Dividend processes.
- Liaising with the Branch Personnel, General Public and Society Members
- Various Account reconciliations and ensuring the integrity of the accounts and financial procedures.
- Assist in the accounting and administration associated with the Societys property portfolio.
- Working within the team to identify new processes and operational improvements arising from the new systems.
- General Administration Activities
- Deputise for the Financial Controller in their absence.
- Ad-hoc duties as requested by the Financial Controller and the CEO
- ; Must be computer literate with either a working knowledge of Excel/Word/Databases.
Must be prepared to roll your sleeves up and get the job done
Previous Supervisory experience an advantage.
Should have or be working towards an Accounting Qualification, however experience is key to the roll.
Must have previous accounting experience and an understanding of accounting processes
Must be willing to embrace and initiate change.
Ability to work on your own initiative.
Ability to liaise with the people at all levels in the organisation.
Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines.
Must have an enquiring mind Why do we do things the way we do?
Must be flexible as there may be the need to work the occasional Saturday or have some flexibility around start and finish times.
The Co-operative business model is different and the person appointed will need to be the right fit for our organisation.
Are you interested in retail work and willing to build up knowledge, skills and gain qualifications?
This could be the job for you!!
Ask for an application form at our Tamworth Department Store or Download and print it above.
Have you got a degree?
Are you looking for a career in retailing?
The above link is for computer users who need to obtain and use FREE Adobe Reader software. (Previously known as "Adobe Acrobat Reader" software.)
What is a 'PDF file,' Adobe Reader,' and 'Acrobat?'