The Tamworth Co-operative Society is one of the area’s biggest employers. Our staff base across Staffordshire and South Derbyshire currently numbers more than 300 people. Our business is extremely broad, covering 12 food stores, four post offices, and eight funeral offices. Consequently the Society can offer a diverse range of exciting job opportunities suiting a wide variety of skills and qualifications.
Our success has been built on the loyalty and quality of our employees. We have also had the benefit of great continuity of management, having had just eight chief executives since our formation in 1886. Many of our employees have remained with us for life.
The Society enjoys an excellent reputation for its commitment to members, staff and the local community. We have also won accolades and a national award for our caring policies and accounting standards. The Tamworth Co-operative Society is an equal opportunities employer providing first class support and training to employees. If your standards and aspirations meet our own, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re Local, we’re Independent and we Care
For an application form please download this STAFF APPLICATION FORM and return it to: Tamworth Co-operative Society Limited, 5 Colehill, Tamworth, Staffs. B79 7HA.
Apply before : 27-Sep-2021
Ref : JG/BO/1308ZH
Part-Time Sales Assistant – Bolehall Branch, Amington Road B77 3LN
The position is for a minimum of 10 hours per week, being flexible to work when required in the evenings and at weekends. Applicant must be willing to help cover holiday leave hours also.
Duties will include providing excellent Customer Service, Delivery Unloading and Stock Replenishment
Applicants must be 18 years or more, due to the selling of age restricted products e.g Alcohol & Cigarettes
Ways to apply:
Pop into the store and chat with the Store Manager or/
• Pick up an application form inside the Store
• Visit our website www.tamworth.coop on the careers page and print off the application form and return to : Business Support Manager, 5, Colehill, Tamworth, Staffs B79 7HA
*Interviews will be held in store at Social Distance Level
Apply before : 28-Sep-2021
Ref : JGROS1421
Part Time Sales Assistants – Rosliston Branch, Main Street DE12 8JW
Join our busy team!
Must be able to work over Monday- Friday from 3:00pm- 9:00pm and hours during weekends.
Applicant must be reliable and available to help cover annual leave from time to time and work Bank Holidays.
Duties will include providing excellent customer service, using the till register, delivery unloading, post office duties and stock Replenishment. Experience preferred but not essential as training will be provided.
Applicants must be 18 years or more due to the selling of age restricted products, i.e Alcohol and Cigarettes.
Apply before : 30-Sep-2021
Ref : JGDPOM10921
Deputy Post Office Manager – Church Street, Tamworth, Staffordshire B79 7DH
Deputy Post Office Manager
Church Street, Tamworth, Staffordshire B79 7DH
– Permanent Position, working 16 – 18 hours minimal per week and deputising in a job share role for the Manager as and
when required. Full training will be provided.
– Must be able to work various days in the week and every Saturday, and cover holiday leave when required
– Experience preferred for a start from October 2021.
– Principle Duties:
– Cash Handling, receiving postal articles and other general post office duties.
– Process transactions accurately and efficiently.
– Adhere to policies and procedures relating to cash and stock handling and daily/weekly reconciliation
– To ensure the highest standards of customer contact are maintained at all times in a friendly and professional
– Compliance with security procedures and maintaining security awareness at all times.
– To abide by and carry out the Society’s Health and Safety Policy at all times.
– To carry out other duties as may be required by the Business from time to time.
– The Requirements for the Role
– You will have experience gained within a customer service environment; preferably post office/retail.
– Highly polished communication and inter-personal skills.
Ways to apply
• Pick up an application form inside the Store, complete and return
• Visit our website www.tamworth.coop on the careers page and print off the application form and return to : Business
Support Manager, 5, Colehill, Tamworth, Staffs B79 7HA
• Closing date: 10th September 2021……………. Job ref: JGDPOM10921
Apply before : 30-Sep-2021
Ref : JG/KING/TEMP/170718
Sales Assistant – Kingsbury Branch, 109, Tamworth Road B78 2HH
Temporary, to cover absence leave
The positions are for a minimum of 16 hours per week, being flexible to work when required in the evenings and at weekends. Sunday is a must. Applicant must be willing to help cover holiday leave hours also.
Must be reliable and available to work Bank Holidays and help cover annual leave from time to time. Duties will include providing Excellent Customer Service, using the Till register, delivery unloading, and stock Replenishment. Experience preferred but not essential as training will be provided.
Applicants must be 18 years or more, due to the selling of age restricted products, e.g. Alcohol & Cigarettes